Thursday, March 16, 2006

Doug Flutie loves me

It has begun. Angel choirs are singing, the snow-filled clouds have parted, and a beam of heavenly light has fallen upon us. It is time for The Big Dance.

(pause for reverent expressions of joy)

So, my Final Four consists of Duke, Kansas, UConn, and BC, with BC taking it all. I know, BC. They gave me a scare this morning, but came back and saved my butt in double OT. We will see how long my bracket survives before being totally demolished. Odds are, it will be by some gay 14th seeded school that plays in the Mountain Western Ohio Valley Big Sun Blue Sky America Conference. Or some such gayness.

I have added some links to the sidebar. They are all awesome and you should check them regularly.

Also, I found an interesting discussion of the question, "How can the Bible be authoritative?" Be warned, it is an academic paper that is something like 20 pages long. But it is pretty interesting. Read it here.

Geico saved 15% by switching to Chuck Norris.

1 Comments:

Blogger Slim said...

couple of points I wish I could have made here before my favorite time of year....

1.) My Final Four was Duke(I'm guessing you never could have guessed I'm a Dukie by my "Ode to J.J. Reddick" on my blog awhile ago huh?), UConn, BC and Kansas (though I wanted to pick UCLA).

2.) I was baisically almost cursing while in the student center watching Pacific run with B.C. I couldn't believe it. Then I remember the Sportsguy's "Bracketology Gambling Manefestio" (at least, that's what I call it): Never bet on an Al Skinner coached team. Well I did. And I almost got burned. Almost. Well they pulled it out. Good luck against Nova and G'Town (yeah, I have the "don't bet on Billy Donavan Manefestio.....bad experience, don't ask).

3.) Freaking Kansas. That's all I have to say. After last year's crapfest against my PA friends Bucknell, I figured there was no way they'd lose in the 1st round. Bradley doesn't even sound like Bucknell. Plus the Jayhawks were hot. They just knocked off Texas in the Big 12 champ game. It was theirs. Then Bill Self let me down again. Thanks Bill. I'd like to say screw you to all these Kansas people, but it's my own fault. So screw me.

7:59 PM, March 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home